The mission of The Massachusetts Tarot Society is to have a safe and supportive atmosphere to practice tarot reading as well as to investigate the mysteries of the Tarot. We intend to create a positive environment for the continuation of Tarot study and sharing all aspects of the Tarot. We support each other in endeavors to read privately or publicly–either as a group or as individuals–whenever possible.
The Massachusetts Tarot Society is not allied with any religious or political sect, organization or institution. We do not engage in any controversy, nor endorse or oppose any cause. We do not encourage religious or political discussion.
Attendees should come with a basic understanding of the Tarot, unless the session is designated for beginners. In general, MTS meetings are not a forum for teaching basic tarot meanings.
- Attendees should refrain from bringing guests who are not familiar with the Tarot.
- Attendees should be 18 years or older.
- Attendees are expected to conduct themselves professionally, showing common courtesies and respect to all fellow attendees. It is especially important that during a presentation or group reading, attendees are respectful and quiet (i.e., not whispering or chatting).
- Information revealed during MTS meetings is considered private and confidential.
- Attendees are urged to be prompt. If this is not possible, please respect others and the progress of the meeting by entering quietly. Information missed may be obtained after the conclusion of the meeting.
- A donation in the $2 to $5 range is requested at each meeting. First time visitors are not asked to offer the donation.